Do you want to increase your web site’s ranking on the search engines? Here is a list of 7 free things you can do yourself to optimize your web site so that your customers can find you:
- Register your site on search engines such as Google and Bing/Yahoo. Also, register on the premier directory web site, dmoz.com and any industry specific directories.
- Be sure to claim your business on Google Places at: http://business.google.com
- Promote your site on social media such as Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Yelp, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Thumbtack, Angie's List and any industry specific group websites. Start by claiming your business page and regularly add meaningful content and engage your visitors.
- Request your free, no obligation SEO Analysis request at www.BearRiverSEO.com
- Sign up for a free Google Analytics account and track the traffic statistics to your web site and keyword prominence of the content on your site. www.google.com/analytics
- Add unique and specific title, keyword, and description Meta tags to each page on your web site (on-page SEO).
- Create and submit a sitemap and submit it to search engines to be sure they index all pages on your site.
The Web As Your Business Card
Business cards still necessary, but they need web back up - the internet is our new rolodex. Did you know that 90% of people start with a search engine to find products, services and information? Will they find you there?