The Best 5 Ways To Get Traffic To Your Website This Year
Contributed by Jerry Leverock
You can get a lot of traffic to your website without having to spend a ton of money. Below are 5 things you can do to get free traffic to your website for years to come. These things are not difficult but will require some work on your part.
The 5 things you need to do to get more traffic to your site are:
1. Submit articles to directories at least 2 times a week
2. SEO you website properly
3. Start a blog that links back to your website
4. Post to forums
5. Make blog comments on other blogs that lead back to your website
Let's discuss these 5 things in more detail.
1. Submitting to article directories 2 times a weekThis is a very powerful way to drive traffic back to your website. When you write articles that relate to the theme of your website, you are really providing a great mechanism to push readers of your articles to your website to get more information about the topics of your submitted articles. The articles you submit will stay in the directories for a long time giving you some real traffic staying power. You should submit to the following directories at a minimum:
These directories have good page rank and Google loves them.
2. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO is another way to ensure that you get a lot of traffic coming back to your website. The first thing you should do is make sure your meta tags are set up properly. Make sure your Title, Description, and Keyword tags are all targeted to the main keywords for which you are optimizing your website. Next, make sure your domain name has your main keyword in it. Set the Title tag on each page of your website for your main keyword. Your main keyword should be in the first paragraph of each of your website pages. All images on your website should have alt tags that contain your main keyword. Finally, include the keywords you are targeting as 2% of the text content on each of your website pages.
3. Link 2 Blogs Back to Your Website
You need to create 2 blogs that link back to your website. These blogs can be created for free at Blogger.com and WordPress.com. For instance Google and other search engines index blogs at Blogger.com frequently and when you update your blog, the bots come and crawl the content and follow the links back to your website. By taking the articles you submit to the directories and then posting them to your blog you are feeding more content to the search engines and each time you do that, the spiders will come to your blog and that lets all the search engines know that you have a highly relevant blog and they will send traffic to the blog and which leads back to your website. Each time you blog you add another page to your blog that is keyword rich and helps you get more website visitors.
4. Post to Forums Relevant to Your Niche
Find forums for your niche by typing into Google "Your Niche Forums." Then go to these forums and sign up. After you have been in the forum start looking for good discussions and then start reading the posts. When you make your first comments, you want to add something non-intrusive like asking a question. Make about 15 "question posts" in a forum before you start to give advice. You'll get traffic to your website by giving good quality advice and content. You do this by researching your topic before commenting in the forum.
Make sure the link to your website is in your signature line in the forum so that you can get visitors from the forum and also have search engines follow your link back to your site and send you more traffic.
Make sure you links are relevant to the advice you're giving and are memorable. You have to comment in the forum that you choose quite frequently so that the members get to know you well.
5. As with forums another way to get traffic back to your website is by commenting in blogs that have topics that are relevant to your niche and the theme of your website. Using the same drill, you can find these blogs by typing into Google "Your Niche Blogs." Find about 10 relevant blogs and then go to them and read the content post that relate to your niche and website. Make sure you leave good comments that shed insight on the blog post and have a link back to your website. Most administrators will not approve your comments unless they have meaning and add value. Comments like, "I'm lucky that I found this web blog, just the correct information that I was searching for!" or "Very beneficial blog. I will follow this blog. Keep up the good work" have no value and will usually not be added to the blog. Make your comments relate to the specific information in the blog post. With a little research, you can easily do this.
Watch The Traffic Roll In
By employing these simple strategies, you'll enjoy more traffic to your website in the coming year. It may take some work, but the effort is well worth the time invested and will help you to strengthen your online presence. Contact us here at Bear River Webdesign for more info!
About Our Contributor
This article was written by Jerry Leverock. For more information and a free book on getting website traffic visit: http://www.iecu7.com/webmachine1/